1. Respond to Community Needs: Maintain and enhance the educational, social, cultural, health and civic resources of the community by supporting qualified nonprofit organizations. In accomplishing this goal, the board actively seeks input from citizens and donors in the form of information, suggestions, ideas and grant applications from a wide range of sources
2. Build the Foundation to secure the future of the WMVCF and ensure a predictable flow of money for grantmaking thus enabling donors’ funds to operate in perpetuity and permit grants for long-range projects.
3. Professionally Manage its permanent funds and distribute revenues and make distributions from donors’ charitable contributions and bequests in a manner consistent with donors’ specific and general interests;
4. Maintain a Representational Board consisting of a diverse group of citizens, which understands the broad needs of all parts of the community and strives to ensure that all segments of the community feel they have equal access to the foundation’s resources
5. Provide a Philanthropic Leadership Role in the Community by helping create and promote efforts among citizens to improve the quality of life in the community.