PO Box 672
Westcliffe, CO 81252
Contact: Joanie Liebman
Our mission is to have a comprehensive, successful program that supports individual, business and governmental practices that reduces waste, promotes re-use and advances recycling throughout Custer County.
High Country Recycling is Proud of our Partnerships and Accomplishments
- Secured a grant to construct a passive solar Recycling and Waste Minimization Center at the County landfill so cardboard could be dropped off, baled by HCR volunteers and then sold to generate funds to the County to create a new staff person: Custer County’s Recycling Coordinator.
- Acquired a metal shed and placing it at Altitude Community Fitness for 24/7 plastic recycling.
- Purchased a trailer and locating it at the school district for the sole purpose of holding and transporting unwanted cardboard to be baled and recycled.
- Established a Custer County School District student led paper recycling program.
- Obtained 55-gallon barrels, designed and painted by the local 4H youth, for recycling collection at public and private events.
- Organized the Mobile Record Shredder Annual Event so individuals and businesses can confidentially and securely recycle their important documents.
Donations to High Country Recycling help to maintain and grow recycling opportunities and reduce barriers at the same time. To volunteer email email@example.com or write PO Box 672, Westcliffe 81252.