PO Box 672
Westcliffe, CO 81252
Contact: Joanie Liebman
HCR’s mission is to have a comprehensive, successful program that supports individual, business, agency and governmental practices that reduces waste, promotes re-use and advances recycling throughout Custer County.
High Country Recycling is Proud of our Accomplishments:
* Re-established paper, aluminum/tin cans and glass recycling locally in partnership with Tenacious Unicorn Ranch as of Dec 1, 2020.
* Supported the initiation of small to medium size electronic recycling in partnership with Tenacious Unicorn Ranch as of Dec 1, 2020.
* Developed partnerships that secured funding for the purchase of a baler and most recently a skid steer – both being used for cardboard recycling.
* Secured funds for the construction of the County’s Recycling and Waste Minimization Center.
* Created 24/7 plastic recycling through a partnership with Altitude Community Fitness that included the HCR purchase of a metal storage shed.
* Instituted a Custer County School District recycling program through the purchase of individual classroom/office paper recycling bins, a cafeteria cart for recycling cans and an enclosed trailer for cardboard recycling
* Founded the Annual Mobile Record Shredder Event for individuals to confidentially and securely recycle their important documents.
* Obtained 55-gallon barrels, designed and painted by the local 4H youth, for loan at no cost, to be used for recycling collection at public and private events.
Donations to High Country Recycling help to maintain and grow recycling opportunities and reduce barriers. email@example.com or PO Box 672, Westcliffe 81252.